Cleaning Supervisor Job in Canada
As a Cleaning Supervisor in Canada, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and coordinating the cleaning operations in various settings, such as commercial buildings, offices, hotels, hospitals, or residential complexes. Your primary responsibility is to lead a team of cleaners, ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the premises, and uphold high standards of hygiene and sanitation.
- Team Leadership: Supervise and coordinate a team of cleaners, assigning tasks, and ensuring efficient work schedules. Provide guidance, training, and support to maintain a productive and motivated cleaning team.
- Quality Control: Monitor and inspect the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned areas to ensure compliance with established standards and client requirements. Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Inventory and Supplies Management: Maintain adequate stock levels of cleaning supplies, equipment, and materials. Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery and cost-effective procurement of cleaning products.
- Cleaning Procedures and Protocols: Develop and implement cleaning procedures, protocols, and checklists to ensure consistent and thorough cleaning practices. Train cleaners on proper techniques, use of equipment, and adherence to safety protocols.
- Equipment Maintenance: Oversee the maintenance and repair of cleaning equipment, such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and floor scrubbers. Coordinate with maintenance staff or external vendors to ensure equipment is functioning properly and safely.
- Health and Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and guidelines related to cleaning operations. Promote and enforce safe work practices, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and proper handling of chemicals.
- Client Communication: Maintain regular communication with clients or facility managers to address cleaning requirements, resolve issues, and provide updates on cleaning operations. Build and maintain positive client relationships.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare and maintain cleaning-related records, including attendance, cleaning schedules, inspections, and maintenance logs. Generate reports as required by management or clients.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Prepare budget and cost estimates
- Assist cleaners in performing duties
- Specialized cleaners
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Parking available
- Experience in Cleaning Supervision: Previous experience in a supervisory role within the cleaning industry is preferred. Familiarity with cleaning techniques, equipment, and best practices is essential.
- Leadership and Communication Skills: Strong leadership abilities to motivate and guide a team of cleaners. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Procedures and Chemicals: Understanding of various cleaning procedures, techniques, and chemicals. Familiarity with green cleaning practices and environmentally friendly cleaning products is a plus.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail to ensure high cleaning standards and quality control. Ability to identify and address cleanliness issues promptly.
- Time Management and Organization: Effective time management skills to prioritize tasks, manage schedules, and meet deadlines. Excellent organizational abilities to coordinate cleaning activities and maintain accurate records.
- Health and Safety Awareness: Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and proper handling and disposal of cleaning chemicals.
The pay for Cleaning Supervisors in Canada can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the specific cleaning industry. The average hourly wage for a Cleaning Supervisor ranges from CAD 18 to CAD 25 per hour. The monthly salary can be calculated by multiplying the hourly wage by the average number of hours worked per month, which can vary depending on the company and the specific job requirements. Therefore, the monthly salary for a Cleaning Supervisor in Canada can range from CAD 2,880 to CAD 4,000 per month, depending on the specific wage and working hours.